ESCS'16 - The 14th International Conference on Embedded Systems, Cyber-physical Systems, and Applications
Dr. Firouz Naderi
Former director of Solar System Exploration at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
(Oversaw robotic spacecraft dispatched to all corners of the solar system.)
Prior position: NASA's Program Manager for Mars Exploration
Recipient of NASA's outstanding Leadership Medal and NASA's, Distinguished Service Medal (NASA's highest award)
Read more ......
Prof. Alfred Inselberg
Tel Aviv University, Israel; University of California, Los Angeles
(UCLA); University of Southern California (USC);
Senior Fellow at the San Diego Supercomputing Center, California, USA
Author of "Parallel Coordinates: VISUAL Multidimensional Geometry"; his work is praised by Stephen Hawking among many others.
For complete list of Keynotes Click Here
|Introduction, and Congress Report|
Prof. Hamid R. Arabnia
Professor of Computer Science
Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Supercomputing (Springer)
Fellow & Adviser, Center of Excellence in Terrorism, Resilience, Intelligence & Organized Crime Research (CENTRIC)
Recipient of Distinguished Research Award, ACM SIGAPP IMCOM 2014
Prof. H. J. Siegel
Fellow of IEEE and Fellow of ACM; Abell Endowed Chair Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Computer Science
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Founding Director of the CSU Information Science and Technology Center (ISTeC);
Becoming Successful Developing and Selling Mobile Apps and IoT Systems: Best Practices, Tools, ......
Call for Papers
The conference is composed of a number of tracks, tutorials, sessions, workshops, poster and panel discussions; all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: July 25-28, 2016.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Embedded system architecture:
- Multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, embedded microcontrollers, ...
- Embedded hardware support:
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, FPGAs, hardware specification, synthesis, modeling, simulation and analysis, power-aware systems, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modeling, safety critical systems, VLIW architectures, System on Chip design, ...
- Real-time systems:
- Software, distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design, ...
- Embedded software:
- Compilers, assemblers and cross assemblers, programming, memory management, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, middleware support, and software utilities, ...
- Hardware/software co-design:
- Methodologies, test and debug strategies, specification and modeling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space exploration beyond traditional hardware/ software boundary, and algorithms, ...
- Testing techniques:
- Design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
- Application-specific processors and devices:
- Network processors, real-time processors, media and signal processors, application specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, hand-held devices, flash memory chips, ...
- Industrial practices and benchmark suites:
- System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, tools, copyrights, maintenance, metrics, ...
- Embedded computing education:
- Curriculum issues, teaching tools and methods.
- Cyber-physical system design:
- Smart connection methods, data-to-information methods, cyber level approaches, cognition and collaborative diagnostics and decision making, integrated simulation and synthesis, configuration methods, communicaion models, real-time systems, ...
- Mobile cyber-physical systems:
- Mobile robotics and electronics transported by humans or animals, cyber-physical systems and smartphones, mobile sensor technologies, ...
- Cyber-physical system security infrastructure:
- Cyber security, resilience and privacy issues, intrusion detection, prevention of malicious attacks, ...
- Emerging new topics:
- New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems and Cyber-physical systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous computing, embedded internet tools, embedded Engineering), ...